How to Apply
The CU Grow program accepts 20 firms that provide services within the built environment, including construction trades, professional services, suppliers, and construction commodities, with a minimum revenue of $250K. Each firm is paired with an expert executive coach to address challenges and identify strategies to continue growing their businesses throughout the 11-month program. All expert coaches are provided with a stipend to support diverse business build capacity.
We are currently recruiting Vendor Participants and Expert Coaches. However, if you are interested in learning more about participating in cohort 8, please complete the interest form. We will connect with you in December 2023.
Vendor Participant Information
This program is for you if you:
- Are able to comply with Columbia University Visitor's Guidelines
- Are seeking a greater understanding of large company procurement procedures
- Provide a service or commodity that aligns with the needs of Columbia University. See the list of eligible firms.
- Are a certified Minority-, Women-, or Locally owned firm with annual revenue between $250K and $5M*
- Have a business that has been established for at least three years and is in the built environment, including construction trades, professional services, suppliers, and commodities
- Are able to commit to 6-10 hours a week in developing a SMART three-year strategic growth plan.
For more information, review:
Executive Coach Information
This opportunity is for you if you:
- Can comply with Columbia University Visitor's Guidelines
- Have experience with business management, finance, marketing, and knowledge of the building trade industry
- Have experience of working with minority-, women-, and locally-owned businesses
- Know the procurement process with large private and public stakeholders
- Can commit to 2-5 hours a week (depending on the firm's needs) to support the firm you are paired with in developing a SMART three-year strategic growth plan.